These policies were developed to provide all students with an equal opportunity to utilize the library's resources and to promote a sense of responsibility in each individual.
1. Most books circulate for a period of two weeks. Encyclopedias and some reference books are distributed on an overnight basis.
2. Books may be renewed for one lending period (two weeks or overnight). Occasionally, some high demand books may not be renewable. Overdue books may not be renewed, but may be signed out again the following day if still available.
3. A fine of $.05 per school day is accessed for overdue books. ($.10 per day for overnight books) Students may return an overdue book, and pay the fine later (within a reasonable time).
4. Students may not sign out books for others and are responsible for all materials they sign out. For lost books, a fee based on replacement cost and condition of the book will be accessed. For damaged books, a fee based on the extent of the damage will be accessed.
5. Students are encouraged to return books before the due date if they have finished reading the book.
6. Students may not sign out additional items if they have an overdue book(s).
7. Students with repeated instances of overdue materials, or with outstanding fines or charges that have not been paid within a reasonable time, may be prohibited from signing out additional materials, or using the library.