DAIS PTO Committee andVolunteer opportunities
The PTO is pleased to offer many activities and events for DAIS students.
and return it to school or contact the PTO at DAISpto@Dallastown.net.
· Art Show: Work with art teachers to prepare student artwork for art show in May.
· Book Fair: Organize book fair set up, sales, and take down in the fall and/or spring.
· Box Tops & Campbell's Soup Labels: Organize collections, prepare and submit labels,
communicate goals, competitions, and earnings. Dates: various with competitions in
Oct and Feb
· Dallastown Foundation Scholarship (DFS): Collect candy donations and run candy
stand at Fall Festival in September. In February, promote the Penny War, collect
change and report winners.
· Fun Day: Organize school-wide activities for this year-end event. Activities include
games, rides, crafts, and food. Many volunteers needed. Date: Last full Friday of
· Fun Run: The PTO's only fundraiser. Work with a team of volunteers to organize the
event,make copies, run activities, arrange for and distribute prizes. Many volunteers
needed. Date: First Tuesday in October (rain date first Wednesday in Oct)
· Rewards Programs (Giant/ShurFine/Target): Prepare forms and collect information
from families that wish to support DAIS. Establish an account with stores and submit
information for interested shoppers. Dates: Sep-Oct
· Grade-Level Activities: Organize a grade-level after-school party in spring. Many
· Hospitality: Help with food and donations for teacher meals, teacher appreciation
week, Presidential Academic Awards Breakfast, town hall meetings, etc. Dates: various
· Memory Book: Take photos during school events, assist with page layout, organize
orders and payments. Dates: photos collected yearlong, page layouts done Feb-Mar,
orders distributed May
· Performing Arts: Acts as a representative for DAIS with representatives from other
schools in the district to choose and coordinate a district-wide assembly.
· Spirit Wear: Select spirit wear vendor and items. Distribute flyers/order forms, collect
payments, organize orders, distribute items. Volunteers needed for distribution. Dates:
Sep and Nov
· S.W.E.B.S. Rewards: Work with principals to help prepare and deliver monthly rewards
for SWEBS (School Wide Effective Behavior Supports). Dates: every month.
· Team Parent: Work with team teachers and other parents to plan activities, snacks, or
perform other duties as necessary; photograph events for memory book. Dates: various