Google Apps for Education
Guidelines for logging into DASD Google Apps/Drive for students:
- All students will use their DASD email address
(LastnameFirstnameMI@dallastownsd.net) and DASD password to login to
Please note: this email address is
not a Google email address. DASD does not use Google email, but rather Microsoft
Students can access their Outlook
email accounts from Dallastown.net → Students
tab → Student email.
What exactly is Google Apps for Education?
Apps for Education is a free web-based suite of applications for schools.
Students and teachers can create, share and store documents online to
collaborate on projects and turn in assignments electronically. Students will
have access to Google Drive applications (listed below) and Google Classroom
(online classroom management).
What Are the Benefits of Google Apps for Education?
- Google Drive – cloud-based storage for files
- Google Docs – word processing (similar to Microsoft Word)
- Google Sheets – spreadsheet (similar to Microsoft Excel)
- Google Slides – presentation tool (similar to Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Google Drawings
- Google Calendar – online calendar to organize schedules,
daily activities, assignments
- Anytime, anywhere access – Google Apps works in any web
browser, on any computer, which means users can access their documents,
calendar from their Chromebooks or any computer that has internet access.
- Students have the ability to use and experience current
technology applications and tools.
- Google Apps for Education allows for easy collaboration among
students and teachers.
- Teachers have the ability to be involved via technology
throughout the whole assignment process by providing comments and feedback
directly in student documents.
Commitment to the Educational Domains:
- Google Apps for Education is AD-FREE – Dallastown content is
not processed by Google’s advertising systems.
- Apps content belongs to the individual users at your school,
- Protection of the intellectual property on the servers is
critically important to Google.
- Google Apps brings you the latest technologies and some of
the best practices for user privacy.
- Google doesn’t look at our content. Google employees must
have explicit permission even for troubleshooting.
- Google doesn’t share our content. Google does not share
personal information without our consent.
- Google will sometimes scan content for spam filtering,
anti-virus protection, or malware detection.