Pandemic Plan & Information
Please know that our school district has many practices in place for preventing the spread of disease in our schools and for responding to a variety of emergency situations. Additionally, school districts in York and Adams counties have been working together with state and local health and emergency officials to determine and share ways to best prepare for the possibility of a flu pandemic or other infectious disease. This on-going effort will result in a coordinated response to help reduce the impact of a potential pandemic or other health emergency on our schools and our communities. The CDC advises the following tips to help prevent the spread of the Swine Flu or any infectious disease:
1. Stay home when you are sick.
2. Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing and coughing to prevent the spread of germs.
3. Clean your hands often to protect yourself from germs.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
5. Practice good health habits, such as getting plenty of sleep, eating nutritious food, drinking plenty of fluids, and remaining active.
As always, if you have a health concern regarding your child, we encourage you to consult with your family physician or pediatrician. The following links provide helpful information and checklists for families on preparing for/handling the flu: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention athttp://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/ the World Health Organization at http://www.who.int/en/ and the American Red Cross at http://www.redcross.org/.
Last Modified on January 14, 2013